Searching for a position in the field of volunteer management? Look no further. All career opportunities forwarded to VMAWM that involve working with volunteers will be posted here. Have something to send us? Click contact us at the top of the page and get in touch.
Posted: March 11, 2019
Title: Volunteer Manager
Organization Name: Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
• Sustain volunteerism and the volunteer program throughout Meijer Gardens through support of our mission statement and
• Maintain the volunteer database, volunteer center, and volunteer communication boards
• Track volunteer line-items in the Human Resources & Volunteer budget
• Provide weekly, monthly, and annual reports to Management
• Assist the Communications Department with the development of the quarterly staff and volunteer newsletter
• Recruit, train, assign, and manage volunteers for special events
• Network with other volunteer managers
• Actively recruit new volunteers, with a focus on growing the diversity of the volunteer base
• Conduct new volunteer orientations
• Participate in monthly Volunteer Services Committee meetings
• Coordinate volunteer recognition through tracking hours of service and taking responsibility for volunteer events and
• Implement technology where appropriate and continually improve processes
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resource Management
• Embrace and adhere to Meijer Gardens’ mission, brand statement, operating model, policies, procedures, and guiding
principles with a strong emphasis on professional behavior and the treatment of others with dignity and respect
• Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and diverse
group of associates, volunteers, members, and guests
Education & Qualifications Preferred:
Education: Four-year degree or equivalent experience
Experience: At least 2 years in a supervisory role. Experience coordinating volunteers as well as time spent as a volunteer.
Outstanding rapport with people and excellent writing, speaking, and listening skills. Must be able to set priorities, be highly
organized, and able to calmly solve problems and manage changing situations. Demonstrate the ability to maintain
Skills: Experience utilizing and maintaining volunteer management software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
Working Conditions: Regular office environment; occasional assignment to off-shift or weekend duties. Requires ability to operate
computer and other office equipment, plus mobility in office, grounds and exhibit areas and ability to lift up to 10 pounds
frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
If you are interested in working for one of West Michigan’s premier cultural institutions with a highly-motivated team…
send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply online at
Posted: March 11, 2019
Title: Volunteer Services Assistant
Organization Name: Habitat for Humanity of Kent County
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to fill the position of Volunteer Services Assistant within the Volunteer Services Department. This is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Volunteer Services Manager and will work primarily Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 7 a.m.- 12 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m.- 12 p.m.
The Assistant helps ensure that all needs are met surrounding the day-to-day operations of the department. The Assistant will execute morning starts, conduct volunteer orientations, maintain the integrity of volunteer information in the database, and support the volunteer team with all aspects of their duties.
- Be responsible for daily construction work site starts and hosting morning volunteer orientations on the sites for groups ranging 5-25 people at a time.
- Support the Volunteer Services team in organizing and hosting monthly new volunteer orientations.
- Ensure volunteer schedule is updated accurately and timely changes are made as provided by the Volunteer Services Manager in conjunction with the Construction Department.
- Oversee the Community Service Volunteer Program for construction sites including tracking hours, reporting, scheduling and onboarding new volunteers.
- Support the administration and data entry into donor software, manage the sorting and filing process for volunteer waivers.
- Manage inventory and ordering of hospitality items.
- At least 2 years working in a professional, customer service-focused environment required. Public speaking experience preferred.
- Must be willing to work in non-traditional work settings (construction sites, warehouse, ReStore, as well as in the office)
- Must have a strong work ethic and be committed to and enthusiastic about the mission of Habitat Kent.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, be self-motivated and self-directed with strong organizational skills and flexible in adjusting multiple priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Candidates must have strong demonstrable verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and be able to work well with diverse groups of people including the ability to frequently speak in front of small and large groups.
- Ideal candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office (online databases such as Volunteer Hub and/or Raiser’s Edge exposure a bonus).
- A valid driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable and consistent personal transportation is required. Travel mileage is reimbursed.
- Must be able to walk, kneel, and lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Employees eligible for employer sponsored 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match
- Holiday pay and paid time off
Send resumes with cover letter by April 5, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Habitat Kent is focused on recruiting a diverse and equitable workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls or walk-ins.
Posted: March 6, 2019
Title: Volunteer Assistant
Organization Name: Exalta Health
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) that involves assisting the Volunteer Coordinator in scheduling over 200 annual volunteers, and in recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding new volunteers. Duties also include administrative tasks such as data entry and maintaining volunteer files, assisting in volunteer appreciation efforts, and working with a variety of social media platforms.
Qualifications include strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
Exalta Health is located in the Burton Heights area of Grand Rapids and provides medical and dental services to the underserved. Please send cover letter, resume, and three recommendation letters to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 3/15/2019.
Posted: November 12, 2018
Title: Volunteer and Data Coordinator
Organization Name: Boys & Girls Clubs of Grand Rapids
Manage the recruitment, scheduling and retention of a diverse, robust group of volunteers; execute a volunteer recruitment plan to increase the number of volunteers the organization engages annually and maximize the utility of this resource; manage and maintain the donor database; and provide general departmental administrative support.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the recruitment, utilization and stewardship of the current volunteer force; including both individual volunteers and corporate volunteer groups
- Effectively execute a volunteer recruitment plan to achieve the organizational goal of increasing the number of volunteers as well as the number of hours volunteered annually, in order to meet the needs of our growing organization
- Work with staff across the organization to maximize the utilization of volunteer skills and to ensure a productive, positive, engaging volunteer experience
- Develop relationships and opportunities to represent the organization and promote our volunteer needs across the community; be cognizant of unique volunteer skills which could complement/supplement staff functions and youth engagement
- Efficiently manage the screening and orientation of volunteers and the documentation process (background checks, schedules, logging of hours etc.) in a timely, thorough manner, making sure volunteers understand their importance and our mission
- With supervisory direction, develop volunteer to donor initiatives and support other revenue generation projects
- Manage the donor database including, but not limited to inputting donations, receipting all gifts, creating and editing mailing and event lists, running reports and analyzing data
- Track and generate data as required for grant reporting
- Manage special projects as needed
- Attend trainings and meetings in order to stay engaged with industry trends and best practices
- Suggest topics and contribute articles appropriate for organizational website, newsletter and social media and meant to engage and educate volunteers and other audiences
- Provides general administrative support and assistance to the development department
- Contribute to a positive team approach and work effectively with other staff
- Provide professional customer service
- Demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency and confidentiality to the needs and requests of others, both internally and externally
- Participate in organizational meetings and trainings
- Participate in special programs and/or events as necessary to meet departmental/organizational needs, which may include some evenings and/or weekends
- Other duties as assigned
Apply by submitting cover letter and resume attention: Nikki Outhier, 235 Straight Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: May 11, 2018
Title: Volunteer Assistant
Organization Name: Exalta Health
Exalta Health is seeking an energetic, organized person to assist with volunteer recruitment, scheduling, and retention. Successful applicants must have basic computer proficiency and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Applicants should be able to work independently on tasks and projects assigned and enjoy working with diverse stakeholders. Prior experience with volunteering is helpful.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week. Hours are generally Monday through Friday from 8-5 and the schedule is determined with the supervisor. Wages are $11.50-12.50 per hour depending on experience.
Exalta Health is a Christian non-profit that provides medical and dental services to low income families in Grand Rapids.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Deadline for applying is May 23, 2018
Posted: May 7, 2018
Title: Executive Assistant
Organization Name: Crossroads Prison Ministries
Crossroads Prison Ministries is now hiring a full-time Executive Assistant. As part of our prison ministry this role will provide administrative and creative support to the President & CEO. Candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills and 2-5 years of administrative experience. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related field, as well as experience in donor administration and event planning preferred.
- Administrative Duties: 2 years (Required)
- Associate (Required